Thursday, January 15, 2009

Because I'm not sure of the kind of books you are wanting I will give you a few and await your response to my choices. I've discovered upon review of my book collection that I am a big time fantasy fan. I would have never guessed that of myself. So if anyone likes that route I would suggest the following based on Arthurian legend:

Once and Future King by T.H. White

If we are thinking along the brain strain lines:

The Republic by Plato

To go along with 1984 and the sci-fi route:

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

There are others that I would suggest but I fear would be stereotyped as too feminine for some of the gentlemen of this club (that is not an insult just a general observation as to what men are willing to read or at least admit to reading). Please let me know if you would like this list and I will share.

-Becky

2 comments:

  1. Great Suggestions, I have another suggestion

    Stumbling on Happiness
    by Dan Gilbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Ender's Game and The Republic, and they're great. I've been wanting to read The Once and Future King.

    ReplyDelete