Monday, March 15, 2010

Dunces Reborn

Since I know everyone has been secretly hoping to land the lead role in a screen adaptation of Confederancy of Dunces, I'm here to bring you the bad news: you're too late. Jon Heder's already beat you to it.

We innocently rented Mama's Boy last week, mainly to support our boy from Utah. Turns out, it's the same basic story set in modern times, with a Napoleon-ic Heder doing his version of the angry home-body scholar- that is except the obese part. I guess there wasn't room in the budget for a Big Mamma-esque fat suit.

In brief, I can't say I recommend the movie (suffering from the same strange humor as the book), but if you're curious what Hollywood would have done with it, here's your answer.

ps. Scott, you recommended the book, I think it's your duty to make some comments about it, so we can all feel some closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment