Friday, April 24, 2009

I am reading The Hobbit, by Tolken for another book club this month... yes my book heart is spread between Renaissance and another. Last night I was conversing with Jake about how I just can't get into it. How now the last two reads of mine, The Hobbit, and Confederacy, were just not really my style, and how I should return to what I love most.... dark, ugly, non fiction. His reply was that I likely didn't like them both, because they are very similar. Why yes indeed they are Jake. Both Odyessy like epics, both odd and akward and fat heros surrounded by other stange characters. Both authors attempt at a quiet humor that I just don't fall in love with. Both highly awarded and acclaimed of course as well. Just a note.

Are Jake and I the only readers here or are others just not posting. It seems if I remember correctly this was the case in the 2002 original chapter of Renaissance as well, plus a Mindy. Commit folks, it ain't that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment